Monday 6 August 2012

Young & Free at Toyota HQ & Exhibitions

  
QUICK UPDATE: I have posted picsof the exhibition  on www.facebook.com/pleatybunny

I've been on a bit of a art competition entering binge. I enjoy working to a brief, I find it challenging - also I really benefit from a deadline and love exploring a concept or subject matter which is not necessarily what I would chose normally.
Must be the freelance designer in me coming out as I have always liked problem solving involved with a challenging brief. My most satisfying design jobs have come out of projects in areas I am not familiar with. I suppose it is the benefit of fresh eyes and also the desire to get to know the subject matter. I think the same applies for art competitions for me. Besides I am finding it is a really good way to stay motivated and try out and experiment with new techniques and materials.

I recently submitted work for the Toyota Community Spirit Gallery which is in the Toyota Corporate headquarters in Port Melbourne. The exhibition titled "for we are young & free", all three pieces have been accepted for the exhibition with is pretty exciting as it is a submission based exhibition.
I've been using atlases a bit in my work & thought it would be nice to tie in the materials I normally use in a different context. The pieces are all housed in glass display domes giving them a curio look, I was thinking snow dome meets craft project/trophy.
The exhibition opens on the 8th of August, I've had a sneaky peak at some of the work during the delivery and install, can wait to see the exhibition in it's entirety as it's an amazing corporate gallery space with approximately 50 artists taking part.
 
Paper sculptures as they appear in the "for we are young and free" exhibition catalogue


The Community Spirit Gallery is open to the public at
Toyota Australia's Corporate Headquarters
 155 Bertie St, Port Melbourne 
Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm (closed on public holidays)
Exhibition opens 8th of August & runs until 26th October 2012


 Love Miss Foo XXX


PS I am all over the place this month like a bad rash! With work is being shown at:

Feather your Nest
at Gleaners Inc
2 Ballarat St. Brunswick, 
Victoria 3071, Australia
3rd -31st August 

Open Drawer
1158 Toorak Road,
Camberwell (Hartwell Village) 3124
(Mel. Ref 60 C6)
Tram No 75 - Stop No. 52
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 10am – 5.00pm
Thursday 10am – 7pm
Saturday and Sunday 10am – 4pm



7th Annual Artist Book Exhibition, 11th of August - 8th of September.
159 Gertrude Street
Fitzroy Victoria  3065
AUSTRALIA
Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10.00-17.30
Sat: 11.00-16.30 


No comments:

Post a Comment