Monday 16 September 2013

Books pleats.... getting lost in the pages

It's that time of year again the gorgeous team at Artisan are holding their Annual Artist Book Show again. I am there will bells on. I'm looking forward to taking part again, based on the range of work, quality of the submissions from last year I have my work cut out for me!
Lost in the Pages by Sai-Wai Foo

With my entry this year I decided to explore what I love about books. I like to develop ideas based on a theme or on a thought. This time I wanted to look at the immersive elements of reading, the simple joy of getting lost in the text and pages. Nothing nicer than losing yourself in great writing combine that with a cup of tea and I'm really a very happy girl!



Here's a few work In progress shots of the piece. It's titled "lost in the pages" and is a small scale paper and mixed media sculpture. A enamel painted doll's head is engulfed by pleated book pages, the book binding is super soft distressed leather that I have been using on & off for awhile. I love the aged patina & marks on the leather.



I currently have some other work at Artisan in the cabinets, so if you happen to be in the area duck by & have a look.

If you are on the hunt for a craft, art or fashion book this is a great store. The staff are really knowledgeable, friendly and will do their best to help you track out a hard to find book! The show runs from 14th September to the 12th October  and details below!

Love Miss Foo XXX


159 Gertrude Street
Fitzroy Victoria  3065
AUSTRALIA
Hours:
Mon-Fri: 10.00-17.30
Sat: 11.00-16.30  

No comments:

Post a Comment