Wednesday 17 October 2012

Thinking pink....

"I adore that pink! It's the navy blue of India," 

 Diana Vreeland

Detail shot of 2 pieces in the "Think Pink" show titled 
 LEFT "Tickled Pink" & RIGHT "Pink perfection"  by Sai-Wai Foo

I am taking part in "Think Pink" a group show at the Firestation Print Studio in Armadale. The theme is anything to do with pink. 
The show will be raising funds for the Breast Cancer Network Australia (BCNA) from 22nd October to 4th November.  It is being run in partnership with the Pink Lady Art Exhibition (see link for previous blog post) The official opening is on Saturday the 27th of October from 10am to 12pm - morning tea!

I have 3 pieces in the show and again fabulous birds are the subject matter,  this time a pair of flamingos and a very over the top parrot! 
"her signature colour was pink..."by Sai-Wai Foo
I have always had a fondness for pink. To quote Shelby from Steel Magnolias  "pink is my signature colour..." It's a film that can still reduce me to a quivering sobbing heap! If you haven't seen it do there's lots of big hair, southern accents, Dolly Parton, a bleeding armadillo cake & Shirley MacLaine is awesomely grumpy.

Truvy: What are your colors, Shelby?
Shelby: My colors are "blush" and "bashful."
M'Lynn: Her colors are "pink" and pink."
Shelby: My colors are "blush" and "bashful" Mama!
M'Lynn: How precious is this weddin' gonna get, I ask you?

Love Miss Foo XXX
 

2 Willis Street
Armadale VIC 3143
Gallery Hours: Wednesday - Saturday 11am - 5pm or by appointment
Workshop Hours: available for booking, 365 days a year. 
Below are images of the studio & gallery space.
 
 


Mini the wonderdog wanted to have a sticky beak in the studio

 

No comments:

Post a Comment